How to treat a scald?
There are different natural ways to treat scalds. They are cheap and efficient as well. They are based on the wisdom of our forefathers, so do not provide any side effects.
Here are the tips on how to do it.
• Useful herbal remedies can be found almost anywhere. First of all cool the scalded area completely with cold water for at least 5 minutes until the pain in the area will be eased. Then the area should be patted dry. Then use herbal treatment to get the pain reduced and healing promoted. Herbal treatment will also help to protect scalded area against infections.
• Combine 1 teaspoon each of calendula, Echinacea, St.-John's-wort, Oregon grape root tinctures with ¼ cup of cold water. Take a clean cloth and soak it in the mixture, then apply to the scald. This compress can be applied several times during the day.
• Aloe vera plants can also be used. You should always keep them at home. Cut off one leaf of it and split it down the middle. Open it up and then place on the scalded area. Cover the area with bandage to make it held in place. Aloe vera will moisture the skin, reduce heat, make the pain easier and protect the skin against infection.
• You can also use a calendula-and-comfrey salve as they both are well known as skin menders. They are very effective in treating scalds. Allantoin, which is contained in comfrey provides quick repair of tissue and calendula provides new cells grows. Comfrey will help to protect the calded area against infection even in case of deep burns with the signs of infection.
• To treat the scald try to make St.-John's wort oil, which will be very helpful. You need 1 cup of fresh yellow flowers and cover them with olive oil. Then close it with tight-fitting lid. The jar should be placed in a warm spot or sunny window. Don’t forget to shake it regularly. The oil will become red. After 2-3 weeks the flowers should be strained out, and the oil should be put in a cool, dark place to store. How to use the oil: cool the scalded area with cold water, dry it and then apply the oil. If needed it can be applied 2-3 times a day.