How to get rid of edema?
Edema is widely spread and usually happens to the women during the period of their pregnancy. It is caused by increasing of the body fluids. If your body tissues accumulate and retain them, you experience edema.
Here are the tips on how to avoid it.
• Don’t sit or stand for a long time. If you stand a lot just have a break and have a seat and if you are sitting for long, just stand up and walk. When you`ll sit in the chair again keep your legs elevated.
• Avoid your sexy slingbacks and wear only comfortable shoes when going out. At home let your legs have a rest in a pair of soft slippers.
• The reason of your edema can be your tight elastic-top stockings or socks. Just forget about them and wear only those of them, which let your fluids and blood flow as freely as it is possible.
• Support hose can help – try full pantyhose with knee-or thigh-highs or extra tummy room as they are not tight on top. If you often feel warm wear preferably knee- or thigh-highs. Any type of support hose if put on in the morning will efficiently help to get rid of edema.
• Your goal is to minimize swelling, don’t think it is illogical, but you should drink water often about 8-10 glasses of water daily. This will help you to get rid off waste products and excess sodium in your body.
• If your face and hands became puffy or you have swelling for more than one day at a time, if your condition doesn’t improve overnight, call your doctor immediately. Your excessive edema can be a symptom of high blood pressure, protein in the urine, or if accompanied with rapid weight gain it may me the sign of preeclampsia.
• When you lye down put a pillow under your legs.
• Pay attention to how much salt you eat. Follow your doctor`s recommendations.
When you are pregnant, you may have mild edema, which is completely harmless and normal, although it can make you feel uncomfortable.