How to get rid of hiccups?
Methods of hiccups curing are various, but be aware that what works for one individual may nor work for you, so try several of them to find the right one specially for you.
Here are the tips:
• Recline or lie down and hold the breath for 10 seconds. This method is one of the most popular as it can be used in a crowded place and works really well.
• Doctors recommend massaging back, upper part of the mouth roof, if you have hiccups. This method also works well as it is based on the vagus nerve stimulation, and as a result of this diaphragm spasms are subdued and the hiccups stops. You can use cotton-tipped applicator for this. Pulling your town might also help as it is also the way of vagus nerve stimulation.
• Try to drink a large glass of water quickly. The water must be cold. In this way you help your mind to get rid of hiccups and increase the amount of carbon dioxide in your blood. Light water swallowing provides vagus nerve stimulation. If the hiccups hasn’t stopped, try to gargle ice water, you`ll probably stop your hiccups and also get hydrated.
• Take a paper bag ant breath into it for 1-2 minutes. This method is counted on making you calm and disrupting the pattern of breathing. The oxygen is altered to carbon dioxide in you your blood stream and the diaphragm spasms usually calm. This method cannot be used in public or at work, but it is very effective.
• A spoonful of sugar eaten might also help to stop hiccups. It was found in 1971 and reported in New England Journal of Medicine. Teaspoon of sugar should be placed on your tongue back and just enjoyed. They say that sticky food like honey or butter has similar effect.
• If you have hiccups lasting for several hours, it would be better to visit your doctor, as it can be the symptom of serious disease.