How can to visit a doctor, if I have no Health Insurance?
If you have no Health Insurance, don’t wait until your symptoms will become worse, as even without it your visit to a doctor can be inexpensive.
• You can visit an individual doctor. Today there are a lot of them working at offices, which are independent of large medical corporations.
• Go to a small town to visit a doctor or a «country» doctor after you have called him or her. Let him or her know that you haven`t much money and Health Insurance, ask what it will cost you just to be examined. The doctor should be established for a while and well known in the community he or she serves. You will not probably want to go to the doctor, when filling just a little sick, but if you have some unusual symptoms persisting for several days, the best option for you is to find a doctor, who will diagnose ou without Health Insurance for small charges or basic free for a standard visit.
• If you fill really sick and doctor wants to perform some additional testing, which will be too expensive for you, blood tests, x-rays, for example, and it is hard to afford for you, ask the doctor, whether it is necessary without any hesitation.
• Don’t waste time and tell the doctor about what troubles you or about the signs of illness you have immediately. Get prepared for the visit beforehand.
• Don’t let your illness become worse, otherwise you`ll probably have to go to the hospital or emergency room, and this visit promises to be very expensive. A CAT scan or x-rays, for example, will cost you several thousand dollars.
• You can visit the general practioner doctor, who will determine whether you have to go to the specialist or not. If it is necessary, he will refer you, after what`s wrong with you has been determined. General practioner might provide a prescription for you or give advice on how you can get better.