How to get rid of snoring?
Almost every person in the world knows something about snoring: he or she snores or listen to it at night. It is the matter of common knowledge that every second person snores. It is very strange illness, but it affects your sleep quantity and quality which leads to the tiredness and health problems and does not allow your partner to feel well in your own bedroom. In one word the cause of snoring depends upon different factors. They are:
- Too much throat and nasal tissue, or “floppy” tissue. It vibrates.
- Age. Because of some changes of your throat according to the age.
- Your constitution. Men are more susceptible to snoring.
- Some nasal and sinus problems. It can happen that airways may be blocked creating the vacuum and leading to the snoring.
- Obesity. It can also lead to this problem because of some physical changes.
- Harmful habits. They increase the muscles and lead to the snoring.
- Sleeping position. If you sleep on the back, you will snore because of relaxing your throat.
What are the tips for stopping snoring?
Here are the most popular and effective techniques to stop your snoring.
- Weight loss. Any doctor will recommend you to keep a strong diet in order to decrease the snoring. In this case you may also do exercises for toning the muscles.
- Keep your nasal passage clear in order to have no difficulties with the breathing and not creating the vacuum. In this case you can try some natural remedies.
- Stop smoking because it enlarges the chances to snore to a very high level.
- The air in your bedroom must be moistened to help the membranes.
- Sleep position. You should refuse of the pillow or try special pillow in order nor to crimp the muscles of the neck.
What are the medical snoring treatments?
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty is the soft palate tightening and surrounding tissues.
- Laser-assisted uvulopalatopharyngopasty is tightening of the uvula – dangling thing in your mouth.
Somnoplasty – a new procedure suggested by the surgeons.