How to prevent yeast vaginal infections?
Vaginal yeast infections can be caused by the shortage of vitamins in the organism and some other factors which can be easily avoided. Just follow these simple tips for their prevention:
- First of all, your diet should be rich in vitamins. Eat more fruit, whole grains, vegetables, nonfat dairy products. It is wrong to think that eating food with lactobacillus organisms, such as acidophilus milk or yogurt you will prevent yeast vaginal infections. They can be taken just as an element of healthy diet. It hasn’t been shown that taking inserting vaginal forms of lactobacillus or lactobacillus supplements helps to prevent yeast infections developing in women having taken antibiotic treatment.
- You should avoid tight-fitting clothing, such as panty hose, leggings, tight-fitting jeans as they increase body heat and accordingly moisture in the area of genital. Underwear should be made of cotton, as it can prevent moisture developing.
- In order to keep vaginal area clean you should use only unscented, mild water and soap and then it should be completely rinsed.
- Bacteria can spread from anus to vagina while wiping after the toilet, so it is necessary to do it from front to back.
- You should always control the level of sugar in blood in order to decrease the risk of developing yeast genital infections in all body.
- Antibiotics should be used necessarily, otherwise the normal vaginal organisms balance can be changed and as a result yeast will grow excessively. The same effect may have feminine talcs, sprays, perfumes, deodorant tampons and scented toilet paper.
- Normal balance in vagina can also be changed by douching. Moreover, it can spread other different types of infections from vagina into the allopian tubes and uterus. That can cause such serious disease as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).