How to choose the vitamins for schoolchildren?
Vitamins are the elements which are given in small amounts for helping the body functioning. The scientists detach 13 vitamins needed for the different purposes in the body of the schoolchild. All of them play their own role in the functioning of the child’s body.
It is proved by scientists that instead of one tab of vitamin children need to eat a great number of different fruit and vegetables containing these vitamins during the day. So the advice is very simple: you should give your child multivitamins. In addition vitamins and mineral supplements are needed in order of prevention deficiencies in the child’s organism. Also a child needs fluoride supplements.
What are the vitamins for?
The list of vitamins recommended by the pediatricians is below.
- Vitamin A can be offered to a child with a poor diet or malabsorption. Remember it cannot be given give in big amounts because of its harmful influence on the organism.
- One of the main prevention of colds and respiratory infections is Vitamin C. Lack of this vitamin can lead to so uncommon disease as scurvy. Fruits and vegetables are a great source of Vitamin C.
- The next recommendation is to use Iron as a good mineral supplement which is very important for the child’s organism. The daily amount of iron in the children’s organisms must oscillate from 10 to 12-15 mg a day. You child needs having a high contained iron diet.
- Calcium is a mineral needed for the child's bones. Having a diet high in calcium is important for the strong bones development.
- In order for blood clotting you need to give the children Vitamin K.
- Not to allow the causing the Rickets your baby needs taking Vitamin D. You should give it especially in winter because of the lack of sunlight.
- All children need such supplement as fluoride in order of prevention of cavities. Some children may receive it from water which they drink. If your infant receives too much fluoride it may be displayed in the changing of the tooth enamel.
Zinc is very necessary because of its help with growth and sexual maturation. So your child should eat more food rich with zinc, such as meats, dairy products, nuts and dried beans.