How to relieve pain during childbirth?
Though childbirth is a natural process it is often painful. Woman can choose of various options to get pain childbirth relieved, but she should be informed about each of them prior in order to take informed decision. Different medical and natural pain relief options tend to reduce stress. Here are some of them:
• One of the options is systematic medication, received via a shot into a muscle or IV. It sometimes gets into placenta and the baby can sleep after birth.
• You can also be injected with regional anesthesia near the lower spine while being in labor. It`s benefit is that it doesn’t effect the baby in the process of childbirth.
• Immersion into the warm water is also one of the options of childbirth pain relieving. The water temperature should be near body temperature. Immersing into it for about an hour will reduce the pain. But don’t stay in water for more than hour and a half, as it can cause increasing body temperature of the baby.
• Another way to relieve the pain of woman in labor is maternal massage. It reduces pain making her more relaxed and anxiety reduced. To reduce pain related to the position of the baby`s head pressure to her lower back can be applied.
• In order to reduce the labor contractions` pain woman can walk or bounce on the special birthing ball. She can try to change positions at different points in the process of childbirth, which may also help to ease the pain. Women can sit, stand and lie down in labor.
• Natural labor pain relief becomes more and more popular. In this way the pain is controlled naturally without any medications. The methods, which are mostly used to manage the pain are special breathing patterns, soothing place`s visualization and hypnosis.