How to stop drinking alcohol?
Giving up alcohol drinking will improve your health and change your life to better. These alcoholism signs will help you to determine whether you drink too much or not. If you experience each of these items you have serious problem with it.
• Angriness or sadness causes drinking alone
• Sometimes because of drinking you late for work
• Your family is worried because of your drinking
• You still continue to drink even after you have told to yourself to stop
• You forget about what was happening while you were drinking
• After you have been drinking you suffer from hang-over or headaches
Visit your doctor to be sure, and he will tell you whether you need to abstain or cut down and what is right for you. If you suffer from alcoholism, you should cut down completely. If you`ve been told to cut down on drinking, here are the steps, which will help you:
• Take a shit of paper and write all the reasons of why you want to cut down or to stop drinking alcohol, why you want to drink less. Here you may write that you want to improve your life, your health, to get along with your friends and family better along with better sleeping.
The drinking goal should be set. For this you should choose the limit for how much you may drink, or the goal may be to cut down or to stop drinking completely. For cutting down keep these limits: for men – only two drinks a day, not more, for women – only one drink a day, not more (a drink is a 5-ounce glass of wine, a 1 1/2-ounce shot of liquor or a 12-ounce bottle of beer. You can talk to your doctor to choose the limits for you.
• Write your drinking goal on a shit of paper and then put it in a place, where you will constantly see it.
• Make a diary and write down there what you drank, how much and place consumed every day.
• Keep no or only small amount of alcohol at home.
• Drink slowly only with food
• Choose the day when you will have a break from drinking
• Learn how to refuse
• Have more fun with your family and friends, be active
• Ask your relatives and friends for support
• Watch out for temptations and don’t give up.